‘We haven’t known each other for that long a time, and, um, there are three things that you should know about me. One, my friends are the most important thing in my life. Two, I never lie. And three, I make the best oatmeal raisin cookies in the world.’
-Phoebe Buffay, The one with the dozen lasagnas.
Now I don’t make these that often because it makes the other cookies but they are my favourite thing in the world. I made up this recipe when I first fell in love with Friends when I was young and have recently adapted them to my dietary requirements and they are just as good as I remember, if not better!
Sweet, Crumbly, Chewy Yumminess: Enjoy!
- 85g Coconut Oil (or Sunflower Oil Spread, if you’re amazon delivery of Coconut Oil hasn’t arrived yet!)
- 110g Coconut Sugar
- 1 flax egg ( 1tbsp milled golden flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water and left to set in the fridge for a few minutes)
- 110g Buckwheat Flour
- 55g Oats
- 150g Raisins
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees
- Cream together the Coconut Sugar & Oil (or Spread).
- Sift in Buckwheat flour and then fold in the Oats, Raisins and the other ingredients.
- Line 2 baking trays then place well spaced heaped tablespoons of mixture on them and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden brown.
These can be kept in an airtight container for 5 days (If they don’t all disappear before then, that is.)