I’ve been thinking about doing this recipe for a while as I used to be obsessed with biscuits and shortbread was my absolute favourite. I used to buy some Tesco everyday value shortbread and munch my way through the whole pack! When I was up early on Sunday morning for no apparent reason I decided I need to give in to my cravings. Plus, Mike had treated me to some Lilo & Stitch Cookie cutters that I’ve been dying to use since he got them in the January sales! So here is my super simple vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free shortbread recipe and of course what can be better than biscuits that are shaped like Stitch! My Mum said they are the best biscuits I’ve made!
Makes: 16 (Will make 20 in traditional rectangles)
Takes: 35 mins
Allergens: Almonds. You could just swap the almonds for more flour.
- 125g Coconut Oil (Make sure its slightly softened)
- 55g Coconut Sugar
- 100g Buckwheat Flour (plus more for dusting)
- 80g Ground Almonds
- 1tsp Vanilla Paste
- 2-3tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1-2tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line 2 baking trays.
- Cream together the the coconut oil & coconut sugar.
- Sift in the flour and stir together.
- Add all the other ingredients until you have a smooth paste. If too dry add extra water and/op maple syrup.
- Turn onto a dusted work surface & roll out until it’s 1cm thick.
- Cut in rounds, rectangles or Stitch shapes 😛
- Chill in the fridge for 10 mins
- Bake for 15mins until golden brown.
- Resist the urge to eat them and let them cool on a cooling rack before enjoying. 🙂